Monday, April 5, 2010

Meet Giddy Freedom

The hand of Giddy Freedom pushed me forward; I stumbled just a little and laughed out loud.  She’d snuck up on me and started pulling me towards a walk as soon as I stepped out of the building.  Her offer was incredibly tempting, especially when I weighed it against the dark dungeon of the gym and the never ending run of the treadmill.  She had beckoned so seductively that I tucked my head and headed towards her, suddenly intent on playing hooky.

Giddy had led the way through the campus and headed across the quad.  The sun brought out short summer dresses and white legs.  The campus was covered colorful dress splayed against brilliant spring grass.  She and I ambled, bumping into each other; energetic electrons bouncing off each other and working ourselves into frenzy.  We giggled like embarrassed curious school kids when we saw a couple kiss and gawked at the shirtless young man catching the Frisbee.
 
True to her style, Giddy had suddenly streaked across the lawn and began twirling around in front of a fiddle player.  I leaned against a tree to give her time to work the music out of her body.  I understood – I could feel the flutter that the bluegrass encouraged growing in my own chest.  Just as mesmerized as she, I watched in a trance and lost myself in the voice of the guitar player when he hesitantly began a ballad.  We were off again.

Now, she was pushing me; I could feel her hand on my back.  I could feel her urge me forward, laughing in my ear that we had nothing to do, nowhere to be, there was nothing stopping us from anything.  Ms. Freedom always knew the little things to say.  Her touch seemed to sink inside my chest and stir everything up but I didn’t speed up or slow down.  Instead I simply expanded to let Giddy ease inside my body.  She was a great fit – she rode just below the skin and I knew that the rest of the trip home would bring nothing but amusement, beautiful impulses, secret smiles and bouncy steps. 

Giddy and I were gonna have a fine spring stroll – just the two of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment